Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) does not have a long history in Georgia, therefore, this field is not well developed. CSR is fulfilled mainly through charity actions which target vulnerable groups. Usually, business enterprises in Georgia do not have a long term and target-oriented approach and focus on spontaneous projects.
Considering this context, on May 27, 2015, CSO CiDA and the PR and Marketing Communications Company Gepra founded CSR Club.
CSR Club is a non-registered union and has a general mission to contribute to the sustainable through promoting the corporate social responsibility.
a) Raise awareness about international standards of the corporate social responsibility among business and the general public and promote/ encourage sustainable business practices.
b) Influence national policies on corporate social responsibility.
c) Encourage business to undertake partnerships with the civil society in implementing sustainable social projects.
d) Mobilize business in support of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The main governing body of the Club is the Club Steering Committee which is composed of 9 (nine) members. Current Steering Committee:
- Maia Dzirkvelishvili – Ebooks House “Saba”, director;
- Tinatin Stambolishvili – “GPI Holding , Head of the PR Department;
- Zviad Devdariani – “Civil Development Agency ( CiDA)”, Executive Director;
- Kakha Maghradze – “GEPRA”, Senior Consultant;
- Nino Chichua - “Evex”, Deputy Director;
- Ana Kvanchilashvili –“ Ilia State University”, Head of PR Department;
- Nino Surmava – “Natakhtari”, PR Manager;
- Rusudan Kbilashvili - “Wissol Group”, PR and CSR Manager;
- Malkhaz Dzadzua - MFO “Crystal”, Executive Director